Wednesday 16 November 2011

Decisions need to be made

Life goes on as normal here in the TulStig household, whatever that really means.

It's been a wet day here today, I've done some shopping, Tony's done some ironing (Whooo hooo!) we've both had a siesta and some good food, I've been to school and then of course during a couple of hours this afternoon I was writing, but I'll get to that in  a minute.

Each day I get a sales report from Lulu (The wholesale book printers) and today they sent me an advice that I have now sold ten books on-line. I have a list for another 23 copies on order here which are on order and will be sent worldwide once They arrive. That's a total of 33 books towards my goal of 50 before Christmas. I've also just had an e-mail from a friend in Brazil saying he would like some signed copies... things are looking good for the Magic.


So, The Winner... As I write this blog my hero is jetting off to a secret location for the next part of the competition, and here's where my decisions are afoot. I've created some really likeable characters, and soon will have to eliminate them from the competition. I know they're just names on paper, but to me they are all real, and I'm worrying who to eliminate and when. I've even weighing up the pros and cons of each persons ability within the competition. Tomorrow the axe may have to fall. Will it be Dion, or maybe Stan that has to go, or have the Ladeez plus one gone as far as they can go in this contest? Well I'm giving it over to the universe for the night, and am making sure my notebook and pen are beside the bed for any night-time revelations.

And do you know the best thing about this story? - well it's the support I'm getting from each of you my dear friends. Thank you. It's not just the writing that makes me feel like a writer it's all of you too.

5 comments:

  1. I think it may well be a little too late to feel like a writer. You're a PUBLISHED author!!

    The book(s) are firmly ensconsed at strategic points around the house now. Carla and I are really enjoying the read. I'll be leaving a review on the site soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed I am but it still feels a little strange or pompous to call myself that, except in jest.

    I'm glad you're enjoying the read, and look forward to your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOH now then what should you do with these friends you have made ? I think some may go for good but some may pop back in to your tales of Joey ! So they are not gone for ever well not all of them .x
    Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That creative side of you is bursting out Janey old thing. What a great idea. Looks like there will be a sequel after all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too live the life of my characters, not just paper-people. I love Janey's idea that they are not gone forever, you know these competitions, sometimes people get a second chance.
    Yes, published author - no more self-doubt please. Enjoy the status.
    Hugs
    Beverly

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: