Thursday 17 November 2011

Grateful of VnG

This morning whilst walking the dogs in the fields I threw my arms open wide and shouted "I am ready for whatever the Universe has in store for me". At just that moment two magpies flew over - Two for JOY!

Arriving back home the UPS man had been and delivered 25 copies of 'The Magic' for onward distribution. The morning I had mapped out was instantly changed from working on one book to the promotion and distribution of the last one.  I spent the morning sending e-mails and advising prospective buyers of payments amounts and methods. I then spent some time packaging up some of the books ready for delivery.  It was during this process that the enormity of what I've done hit me. Seeing all those books with my name on, sending info and dealing with the 'business side' of writing a book brought it all home. I took a breath (as advised in an e-mail from Nick) and shouted out thanks to the Universe for helping me to realise this dream come true. At last I really felt like a writer.

This evening I took some copies along the school and sold them all to the other teachers, as well as picking up a couple more orders.

During all this Joey's story had another 1000 or so words added and is moving along fantastically. Over the weekend, although I'm working Saturday, I want to spend more time pushing it forward. I'm loving writing his tale, and have even realised that some of the other characters have their own stories to tell -Thanks to Janey for pointing that out.


Walking home from work along the quieter stretches of road I was telling the Universe out loud how grateful I am for helping me, when a voice spoke up and said "Did you think I had deserted you, Do you think I'd ever desert you?" It may have been in my head but I know just who it was, and who it still is. I am lucky enough to be aware of my guardian Angel, and lucky enough to benefit so much from his help. THANK YOU.

3 comments:

  1. Hay guess what ? i have brought 2more of your books today one for my hairdresser,I took mine in to show her today she loved it and asked me to get the a copy and the other one is for my friend Debbie ! whats the count now .x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janey. A my UK P.A. you're doing a great job. Now how about that spot on Radio Brighton, or even 'Meridian'?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Southdown radio yes ,Meridian i'm not sure ,lol. I shall see if i can get a slot on Simons show not sure if they will let me or not ,But no harm in asking .xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: