Tuesday 1 November 2011

Day One - NaNoWriMo

Today was the first day of the NaNoWriMo challenge to write a novel of 50,000 words during the 30 days of November.
I knew I would need to be organised to achieve my goal for today of 3,000 words, so got up early and set about organising myself.
The first thing to do was trim my hair- it's not a long task these days and helped make me feel more ready. I followed this with my daily shower and then fed the cats and dogs, walked the dogs, had breakfast, changed the bed and put a wash on and put it out... and I was ready.
Taking a seat at the PC and firing it up I decided to check out how everyone else was doing first so signed into Facebook and checked my e-mails. After checking the messages I decided to sign out of both so that I wouldn't be tempted to waste time when a message flagged up.  I took out my notebook and set to.
The next thing I knew it was lunchtime and I'd written just under 3,000 words - goal achieved.
After throwing together a soup for lunch, Tony had gone out to buy bread, we settled down to snaffle it all up and follow that with a short siesta. I'm rubbish if I don't have a siesta on a busy day, and I was surprised at how tired I was after a morning's creativity.
When I awoke I had a nice cuppa sat back at the PC to up my total for the day. It's now almost 8.00pm and I've got just over 5,000 words. I'm leaving the file open, just in case I decide to write more, but am thinking that may be it for today.
Happily I'm well ahead of the game (I actually need to write 1,667 words a day every day during the month) so am feeling quite satisfied with my first day's achievement.
Tomorrow I'm back to work sop will have to allocate soem time during the morning for both planning my lessons and for my writing. Can I do it- YES I CAN.

3 comments:

  1. Your word count is fantastic - love the photo of you at your computer. Preparation really sets us up well, doesn't it. Can't wait to read the story. It is always good to get a big start on the words. Well done.
    Love the idea of a Siesta, may have to indulge -I usually call them 'Nana-naps' even though I am not quite a 'Nana' yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Mark , Seems like you have it all under control ! At least you can have time out if you need to as you are ahead of the gamme .
    Can't wait to read your story , love and hugs to you and Tony xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life without Siestas just wouldn't be life as we know it Beverly!!
    And thanks Janey -Under control so far, I'm figuring on getting to the finishing post in good time!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: